Managing chronic diseases such as heart conditions and diabetes that hamper your quality of life requires much more than just visits to your physician. You also should take ownership of your health by staying in good physical condition.
We know you’re thinking, “That’s easier said than done.” That’s why at Human Performance Institute, we offer a medically supervised program that has true science behind it to make the most efficient use of your time and effort.
The program is designed for individuals managing conditions such as cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, pulmonary disease, movement and balance disorders, stroke and obesity. This form of exercise may improve:
- Blood pressure
- Lung capacity for breathing
- Strength and endurance
- Stability (decreased fall risk)
- Glucose control
- Quality of life
Your Process Involves:
- Initial Evaluation: $25
- Fit for Health class member starts their fitness journey with a 60-minute one-on-one evaluation. The new class member will get the opportunity to objectively rate and rank their functional movement and get a feel for the training environment at MU HPI. Using the results of the evaluation, we will individualize aspects of the training program and establish a baseline to measure future performance improvements against.
- Classes at 9 am M-F and 4:30 pm and 5:00 pm rolling start times M, W, F
- $25/month. A referral is required